Curd rice has been one of my favorite since childhood. Whenever it was dinner time and dint like what was cooked at home, I would whole hearted eat curd rice with lot of pickles or sabzi (palya) that was cooked. My mum used to make this type of curd rice only on special occasions.
Prepare the curd rice by adding salt as per taste.
2 tsp Mustard seeds (Sasve)
Few curry leaves
2 tsp Bengal gram (Kadle bele)
2 tsp Black gram (Udhina bele)
2 tsp oil
1 tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi)
2-3 Green chilies / red chilies
Coriander to garnishing
Green grapes (optional)
1. Prepare the seasoning by adding a tsp of oil in a pan along with mustard seeds.
2. When seeds crack/split, add Bengal gram, black gram, turmeric powder, curry leaves & green chilies. Mix well.
3. When the grams turn light brown, pour the mixture on the curd rice.
4. Mix the seasoning well with the curd rice.
5. Add green grapes & garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Serve cold with pickles/thoku/palya.