Our stock of benne biscuit which we got from Bangalore got over quite some time back. We are not in town for the next fortnight & was searching for recipes for cakes or cookies to finish the butter left. After reading few recipes for benne biscuits, stuck to the one below. I made them crispy & little brown unlike the usual soft & white color ones.
1 cup Maida
1/2 cup fine Sugar
1/2 cup ghee/melted butter
2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp Baking powder
Nuts for garnishing
Saffron for color
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C.
2. Mix maida, sugar, cardamom powder & baking powder.
3. Add melted butter & knead the dough.
4. Keep the dough for an hour or so for it to ferment.
5. Divide the dough into small balls & flatten them on the top. Make as small as possible as the cookies will bulge in size in the oven.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or til the bottom of the cookies start to turn slightly brownish.
7. The cookies should be cooled completely before consuming.