Pinni is a Punjabi sweet which is usually made during Baisakhi. I made it for Janmashtami.
1 cup Chapati flour
1 cup Desi Ghee
1 cup powdered / fine sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
3 tbsp Milk
4 tablespoons almonds & pistachios cut into small pieces
Whole cashew nuts or dry grapes for decoration
1. In a thick bottomed pan add all the ghee & melt it.
2. Add flour & mix continuously. Cook on low flame.
3. When flour is evenly browned & aromatic, add sugar & mix for a minute.
4. Remove from flame.
5. Add the almonds, cardamom powder & pistachios.
6. Add milk little by little & knead the mixture to a smooth dough.
7. Shape into equal ping-pong ball sized balls & flatten the balls.
8. For decoration use either cashew nuts or dry grapes.