We are off on a well deserved holiday from tomorrow! We'll be seeing the longest river in the World!! Having seen the World's largest river by Volume during the Christmas 2005, this was a dream come true for us. One more continent & country to my list. Due to this holiday, had to empty the refrigerator. Been hunting for recipes to make something new. Got hold of one to make a soup again. It's snowing here. Heard it's gonna snow crazy the next few days. We'll be in a warmer though :)
1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
1 medium sized onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium sized tomato, coarsely chopped
1 green chili, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 pepper corns
1. In a pan, add Olive oil & heat.
2. Add cumin seeds, green chili & Onion pieces.
3. Saute for few minutes & then add the capsicum pieces. (I would rather prefer to saute the Capsicum separately & then add it to the pan. I had no time :( ).
4. When the capsicum pieces get nicely roasted, add the tomato pieces & cook over medium flame. Cover the pan with a lid.
5. After 4-5 minutes add salt & continue to cook.
6. Capsicum pieces need more time to become tender. Add water if necessary.
7. It should take around 15 minutes for the capsicum pieces to become tender.
8. Remove from fire & let it cool.
9. In a blender, grind the mixture. Add water to dilute.
10. Reheat the soup & serve hot with Basil or Thymine leaves.