We were invited for lunch during the weekend & I made Baby Corn Manchurian as the starter.
15-20 Baby Corns
1/2 cup maida
2 tbsp Corn Flour
1/4 Cup Rice Flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tsp red chili powder
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp tomato sauce
1. Halve the Baby Corns length wise & microwave them with water & little salt.
2. In a fry pan heat oil to deep fry the baby corns at medium flame.
3. In a mixing bowl combine maida, corn flour, rice flour, baking soda, red chili powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste & salt.
4. Prepare the batter by adding enough water.
5. Dip each Baby corn in the batter and then deep fry in oil.
6. Remove the fried baby corn on paper towels.
7. To prepare the seasoning, heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan.
8. Add onion, spring onion, ginger garlic paste & sauté till the onion begins to sweat.
9. In a cup mix soy & tomato sauce along with water & add it to the pan.
10. Then add the fried baby corns & mix well so that the seasoning coats all the baby corns.
11. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.