This year's Yugadi will be the last one for us as a couple before our lil cookie arrives. I wanted try out lot of new recipes & surprise AmAr. One of them from the list is ಕಡಲೆಬೇಳೆ payasa. I've had this payasa at home & at so many wedding feasts. I liked the recipe from Ramya's Mane Adige. I've done my best to get it some where close to her recipe.
½ cup Kadalebele
1. Pressure cook kadalebele. I mashed the cooked bele lightly.
2. Dry roast semolina & mix it with the cooked dal.
3. Grind the coconut gratings to smooth paste. Add little water if necessary.
4. In a pan, add a tsp Ghee & melt it.
5. To this add the cooked bele & coconut paste. Let it boil.
6. Add jaggery & cardamom powder.
7. Once jaggery melts remove from fire.
8. Garnish with dry grapes & roasted cashew nuts.
9. Serve either hot or cold.