Apr 20, 2009

Sabakki Payasa - II




This recipe is from Asha's blog Foodie's Hope. The recipe which I'd tried earlier was something completely different. I liked her recipe & gave it a try. Thanks Asha for sharing it.

I'm sending this recipe to Srivalli's "Mithai Mela". She is celebrating the 2nd Anniversary of her blog.

Ingredients: -
½ cup Sabakki
2 tbsp Ghee
3 cups Milk
½ cup Sugar
3-5 Saffron strands
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp dry grapes
For Garnishing: - Roasted Almonds or Cashew nuts

Method: -
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan & melt ghee in it.
2. Add sabakki & fry till they pop like popcorn. They really did pop. I was quite surprised.
3. Add milk & cook on low flame. Asha says it takes 30-40 minutes until the milk reduces to half the quantity. It took more or less the same time for me well. But I wasn’t sure if the bottom would get burnt, so was continuously stirring.
4. In a small cup crush a tsp of sugar & saffron stands. Add this to the boiling mixture.
5. Remove from flame & add the remaining sugar. Mix well.
6. Add cardamom powder & garnish with roasted almonds or Cashew nuts.
7. Serve it hot or cold.

No comments: