Usually AmAr likes to have something spicy with tea when something sweet is served. So I also made Gobi Manchurian today.
Few observations I made today while baking: -
Video Link you could refer: - http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-sponge-cake
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup or 226 g butter
6 large eggs (Separate egg yolks & egg whites)
1 cup or 200 grams powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of a large lemon (Optional)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (Optional)
I use the Philips Cucina HR7638 to make the cake batter & knead dough for Naans or Kulchas.
1.Pre-heat the oven to 180 Deg C while preparing the dough.
2. Grease the rim of a 26 diameter baking pan & put a butter paper in the center.
3. Beat the egg whites at maximum speed till it becomes fluffy.
4. Add sugar a tbsp at a time to the running fluffy egg white mixture. Transfer it into a large mixing bowl, when done.
5. Beat the egg yolks till then become creamy. Add butter, vanilla extract, lemon zest & juice to the running mixture.
6. Combine this with the egg white-sugar mixture in the mixing bowl using a spatula. Don’t over mix. The aeration is necessary.
7. Pour the batter into the baking pan & bake for around 30 - 40 minutes.
8. Check if the cake is baked by using a tester or a fork.
9. Serve it as a simple Sponge cake or topped with fruits & jelly.