I'd bought a small packet of baby corn over the last weekend. The only dish that came to my mind was Baby corn Manchurian. I dint want to add to our increasing waist line by frying something again this week. So thought of either making a soup or some stir fry. After spending some time on the Internet, was loosing hope of finding what I was looking for as most of the recipes indicated deep frying. I found this recipe of a stir fry here. I was impressed & was happy to find something that suited my need.
15-20 baby corn pieces, cut lengthwise
1 large green chili, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp soya sauce
2 tsps tomato-chili sauce
few slices of capsicum
few slices of onions (optional)
1. In a pan add a tsp of oil & heat on medium high flame.
2. Add the capsicum slices & saute for a minute or two. The pieces become brown instantly because of high heat. Remove & keep aside.
3. In a cup, combine corn flour, soya & tomato-chili sauce.
4. Add two tablespoons of water & mix well.
5. In the pan add another tsp of oil & saute the baby corn pieces on high flame.
6. After about 5 minutes or when the baby corn pieces are brown, add green chilies & ginger-garlic paste.
7. Mix well.
8. Pour the sauce mixture & stir well so that all the pieces of baby corn are coated with the sauce.
9. Add the roasted capsicum pieces, salt & pepper.
10. Serve it hot as a starter.