Today is a big day for us. 4 years of sharing, romance, companionship & friendship. I made Bisibele bath as the main dish & as we were longing to eat something crispy, I made potato chaklis. We are going to enjoy them during the festival as well. :)
I'm sending this post to the following events hosted in the blogging world.
1 1/2 cups potatoes, boiled & mashed
3 cups Maida
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp Butter
2 tsp red chili powder
Oil for deep frying
1. Boil the potatoes & mash them without forming lumps.
2. Tie maida in a thin cheese cloth like a bundle.
3. Steam the maida bundle for half an hour. I used a steamer. If steaming in a pressure cooker, keep the bundle in the cooker container & steam without putting the weight.
4. After steaming, when it is still warm, crush the maida in the muslin cloth itself & then sieve the flour.
5. Mix the flour with mashed potatoes along with red chili powder, salt, butter, roasted cumin & sesame seeds.
6. Add very little water & make a smooth thick dough.
7. Put the two stared dick in the chakli maker. I applied butter inside the outer press & outside the inside press.
8. Take hand full at a time & put it in chakli press. Keep the rest of the dough covered in a damp cloth.
9. Squeeze out & prepare small spirals on a butter paper.
10. Drop one after another in hot oil. Deep fry on both sides till they turn slightly light brown.
11. Remove from oil & drain out excess oil on a colander.