Another offering to God today on Saraswathi habba. Also, I'm sending this post as an entry to various Dasara festival competitions hosted by the following blog & orkut community.
2 cups cabbage, finely chopped
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp cashew nuts, roasted
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee
little milk, required during grinding
few drops Vanilla essence
1 tbsp dry grapes, for garnishing
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, add little ghee & fry the cabbage for a minute or two.
2. Then pour water over it & cook till it becomes tender. This should take around 10-15 minutes.
3. When no water is left, remove from fire & let the cooked cabbage cool down completely.
4. Grind this along with cashew nuts & coconut along with little milk.
5. In the pan add sugar & sprinkle water on it. Prepare the sugar syrup.
6. When the sugar dissolves completely, add the ground paste & keep stirring till halwa consistency is reached.
7. Add the remaining ghee & remove from fire. Let it cool.
8. Add cardamom powder & vanilla essence. Mix well.
9. Garnish with dry grapes.
I'm also sending this post to EFM Theme - Sweet.
Certificates from MSI Community on orkut: -
Bombe arrangement at home: -