Nov 8, 2008

Pumpkin soup


I ate Pumpkin soup for the first time in Germany at a friend's place. It tasted awesome. Since then I wanted to try it at home. During the months of September, October & November Pumpkin is a common vegetable in the Markts around Germany in every city. I pick up one small one to give it a try.

Ingredients: -

1 small pumpkin (around 2 cups), skin removed & chopped into pieces
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped
1 big green chili
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
Salt
Few Rosemary, Thyme & Basil leaves
Bread croutons

Method: -

1. Heat butter in a pressure pan & add jeera, chopped chilies & onion.
2. Saute onion pieces for a minute or so & then add the ginger garlic paste & mix well.
3. After the onion pieces begin to sweat, add garam masala, chili powder & cumin powder. Mix well.
4. Add the pumpkin & tomato pieces along with enough salt.
5. Pressure cook with enough water till one whistle.
6. Mash the pieces or use a blender.
7. Reheat & add pepper powder, herbal leaves & bread croutons. Serve hot.
Garlic bread & pumpkin soup is my choice.


I logged on to blogger today morning to post a new recipe & Ramya made my day. She has awarded me the "Good Job" award. Thanks Ramya.

6 comments:

Lakshmi said...

I made pumpkin soup with orange juice(sanjeev kapoor recipe) your version is different, will give it a try when I buy pumpkin this time :)

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Perfect for the winter time mmm Lovely pictures... I have soemthing for you at http://memoryarchieved.blogspot.com/2008/11/in-past-month-my-other-blogger-friends.html check out...

raaji said...

Hey Ujju(i guess its ujwala:))...Nice meeting u sweety!....heard so much abt u from ramya:)...she says ur such a gr andhra cook....can u teach me few tips :)...jus kiddin...but i guess ur a Malayali(guessed it from ur profile)..u made me stay here with a lovely song.....

raaji said...

ooop am sorry its kannada.....
congrats for the award too......

Sukanya Yogesh said...

Hi Ujju, The pumpkin soup looks irresistible. Iam definitely going to try this one

Uj said...

Hi Ujju,
Pumpkin soup looks yummy.. I have heard a lot about this soup but never made it.. will give it a try soon :)