Mar 16, 2009

Dahi puri


Oh my cravings have increased lately for eating sour & very spicy stuff. How in the first time in the last 4 years, I'm missing Bangalore for the first time! Poor me! We were watching some program about street food on the Television. I was about to cry seeing all those chaats! Well, I made this at home.

And Dahi Puri goes to Pallavi's Sunday Snacks-Chaats event.


Ingredients: -
For making puris: - Click here
For stuffing: -
1 cup boiled potatoes, diced
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
1 cup boiled chick peas
1/2 cup fine sev (I used boondi instead of sev)
few strands of coriander
For making green chutney: - Click here
For making tamarind chutney: - yet to post. I used the one which we'd bought.
For the dahi: -
1 cup thick yogurt, beaten.
One can add Cumin powder, Red chili powder & Chaat masala to the curds to make it a bit spicier.

Method: -
1. Make a hole in each puri.
2.Stuff each of them with a diced potato, onion pieces & chick peas.
3.Sprinkle red chili powder, chaat masala, cumin powder & salt in each of them.
4.Pour ½ tsp of both the chutneys along with the beaten curd.
5.Add sev & garnish with coriander leaves.

2 comments:

Savi-Ruchi said...

bayalli neeru bartha ide ri..
Dahi Puri looks perfect & a very nice click indeed :)

Lakshmi said...

Perfect snack kanri! I used to eat paani puri crazily till my 9th month of pregnancy. Enjoy eating Ujju :)