Recently my co-sister in Bangalore mentioned about this majjige huli. I forgot to ask her the recipe. After searching on the Internet, found a couple of them here & here. I referred to them, but made the usual way how I make the majjige huli.
15 - 20 bendekayi or Okras, washed, dried & cut in to 2" pieces.
1 tbsp besan
2 cups yogurt
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch asafoetida
10-15 curry leaves
2-3 green chilies
1 tbsp coriander seeds or dhania
1" ginger piece
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. In a blender, add yogurt, grated coconut, ginger, dhania, green chilies, besan, salt & pulse well.
2. In a wok, add 1 tbsp of oil & heat on medium flame.
3. Add mustard seeds & when they splutter, add asafoetida, curry leaves & turmeric powder along with the Okra pieces.
4. Mix well so that each okra piece is well coated with oil. Add little salt.
5. Fry for about 5 minutes or till the threads formed on the okra pieces disappear.
6. Pour the beaten yogurt mixture into the wok.
7. Bring it to boil & then remove from flame.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with rice.