This is a simple fried rice, which I cook quite often.
Ingredients: -1 cup boiled Rice (Spread the rice on a plate & allow it to cool down completely)
1 medium sized green capsicum, finely chopped
1 medium sized carrot, finely chopped
1 medium sized onion, chopped into strips
1/2 cup sprouts
1/4 cup green peas
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato-chili sauce
A bunch of 3-4 Scallions / Spring Onions (green leafy part & the onion part separated & finely chopped.)
Method: -1. In a wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil & add onions. Saute till they start to sweat.
2. Then add all the other veggies & cook till they get fried evenly.
3. In a cup mix soy & tomato-chili sauce. Add little water & then drop it into the wok.
4. Mix well so that the sauce coats the veggies well.
5. Now add rice along with enough salt & fry for 3-5 minutes. If the oil has become less, add 1tbsp again.
6. Garnish with green leafy part of the spring onion & serve hot.
I made the red tomato Rose. This is my first try at vegetable carving. It was quite easy. I selected a round red tomato that was not too ripe. Then with the help of a knife, I started to peel the skin in a continuous strip. The strip was not even though. But it was OK. Then I carefully wound the strip to get the shape of a rose.