After seeing the previous post, realized it's been an year since the last post. I did bake the Spritz cookies this year too. After the arrival of our daughter Nidhi, I've become a very active mother, not spending too much time on the Internet. So blogging has taken a back seat. I've so many recipes to be published. They are sitting in the posts Queue as of now. I've a few cake recipes, which I need to publish, else will surely forget the way how I baked them.
I came across the recipe for the Banana Walnut cake on Facebook, posted by one of my friends. You can find it here. I'd two eggs about to hatch in the refrigerator if not used :). I went through the list of ingredients required to bake & I did have most of them except for buttermilk & brown sugar. This is my first recipe using brown sugar. So here goes my version.
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup white Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar (Brauner Rohrzucker)
2 Medium sized Eggs (Egg white & York separated)
4 ripe Bananas (Puree before using)
1/2 cup Buttermilk
2.5 cups Maida
1 tbsp Baking powder
a pinch of Salt
1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
26 diameter baking pan is ideal for baking.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 Deg C for about 15 minutes.
2. Grease the baking pan with butter & dust some maida in it.
3. Sieve Maida & combine it with baking powder & salt.
4. In a bowl, combine butter & sugar with the aid of a Hand mixer, till fluffy.
5. Add egg white & beat well. The mixture will fluff-up a little more. Then add the Egg York & continue to beat for another minute.
6. Add the butter milk & then the Banana puree & beat well.
7. In the end add the flour mixture. Using the mixer, beat the mixture well & then transfer half of it to the baking pan.
8. Add the chopped walnuts & pour the remaining half of the batter into the baking pan.
9. Bake it for like 30 - 40 minutes.
10. Let it cool down completely, if you wish to frost or decorate it. I used the simple Lemon icing.