7 cups of different ingredients, forming a simple & tasty sweet. I'd seen my mum & aunt make this sweet very often when I was in India. Thought of trying this out for Dasara. I added little chocolate powder to give it a different taste.
1 cup Besan
1 cup Luke warm milk
1 cup grated coconut
1.5 cups total fat 3/4th cup ghee + 3/4th cup oil
2 + 1/4 cups sugar
2 tsp cardamom
2 tsp chocolate powder
few cashew nuts
1. Take a plate, smear butter/ghee. Keep it aside. The hot mixture will be poured on to this plate later.
2. Cut the cashew nuts into very small pieces & roasted them a little in a pan.
3. Add besan to the pan & dry roasted to remove the raw flavor.
4. Add the 7 cups (coconut, milk, sugar, ghee), chocolate powder & cardamom & stir continuously for 20 minutes till the mixture turns dark brown.
5. When the mixture turns brown, you can see holes being formed. At this moment remove from fire & pour it on to the butter/ghee smeared plate.
6. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Cut into diamond shape & allow it to cool down completely & solidify.