It's was valentine's day & we were having a small get-together at home. I saw this recipe online on Manjula aunty's channel on you tube & wanted to try it. I've followed the same procedure she advised.
I'm sending this post to Jugalbandi's Click February 2009 - Cheese / Tofu.
250g milk powder
3/4th cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp ghee
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
roasted cashew nuts for garnishing
1. I prefer to use home made Paneer.
2. For preparation of Peda, I made Khoa first.
3. Heat a kadai on medium flame & melt ghee in it.
4. Add milk, milk powder and crushed paneer into the kadai. Mix it well.
5. Mash paneer & keep on stirring continuously until mixture starts to leave the sides of the kadai.
6. No moisture has to be left back. (Else after adding sugar, the khoa which is in the dough form will become a paste.)
7. Transfer the khoa into a bowl and let it cool until it becomes just lukewarm.
8. Add sugar & cardamom powder to the khoa and knead it for about a minute till everything blends together and become soft dough.
9. Divide the dough mix into about 15 equal parts & make small round balls.
10. Flatten the tops & garnish with cashew nuts.